Friday, March 19, 2010

When you're out of Chicken, use Egg Whites

Bella truly looks forward to her daily allotment of boiled chicken. Today the chicken wasn't thawed out and I needed to feed her quickly. I fried up a few egg whites and added some of her favorite vegetables (radishes, carrots and broccoli). She gobbled it up. I'll be boiling some chicken now for her dinner! I'm learning that I must continue her high protein, high vegetable diet... if she's going to get her immune system into a balanced and centered place again. It feels so tempting to run outside and grab more of her dry dog food (so convenient), but in the long run it's worth it to feed and prepare her the healthier, low fat food.

Cheers - Danielle (Cook Out Loud)

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Cali look peaceful? You can imagine her playing fetch in heaven now! Hugs--di :)

    ReplyDelete